2.05.2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Makeup Edition

I've been getting a few questions from the followers on my Facebook Page as to what kinds of makeup I use on a day to day basis.  So if you were one of the people inquiring, this is a post for you!  I thought I would share what I am actually wearing on my face today and tell you a little more about each product.  Hope you all enjoy.


So here's the run down from left to right...

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base - I LOVE this product so much.  I have extremely oily skin and my eyelids are no exception.  I hate those darn crease lines you get after a few hours of wear...  When I use this product I never get those lines.  I've tried many high end eye primers and none come close to the staying power that this one gives me.  It's worth every penny! 

Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint in Rich Russet - This is a new product I picked up during my Birthday Coupon Haul at Ulta in January.  I've been using and loving all the colors I purchased in the range.  This gives a nice shimmery color base on the eye, I just simply blend it out with a fluffy eye shadow brush and I'm good to go.

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation in Ivory Medium - Words can not describe how much I love this foundation.  It's medium coverage, but still sheer all at the same time.  I can build it up and it never looks caked on the skin.  It also gives me a slight glow without making my oily skin look like an oil slick.  It's just AMAZING!  If you ever go to Sephora pick up a sample - you'll thank me later ;)

Urban Decay Naked Basics  - I love all these shadows.  Most of them are matte, which I like for neutral shades.  I typically use the medium and dark brown shade mixed together in my outer corner and crease.  The lightest color on the left is my go-to inner corner highlight - it helps open up the eye.  Great little thing for travel, as well.

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara in Waterproof Black - This drug store mascara is my favorite.  I love the way it applies and it makes my lashes look so much longer than they actually are.  I always need a waterproof (remember, oily eyelids) and this one is great.  I will never pay for a high end brand mascara.  In my opinion the drug store brands are the way to go in this department.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso 05 - This is a super peachy-pink blush that I recently picked up at CVS on a recommendation from Ingrid at Miss Glamorazzi.  Her skin is more of an olive tone, so I wasn't sure if it would look good one me.  But I decided to give it a shot.  After a light application, I am in love!  It looks great, I just have to use a very light hand because it's so well pigmented.  Great staying power as well.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Radiant - I use this bad boy to highlight under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, in between my eyes and chin.  I know that sounds like a lot of places, but just think where ever the light would hit your face when applying.  My skin looks more polished and put together when I do this step. 

Dior Addict Gloss in Spring Ball - These lip glosses are amazing.  I don't wear lip gloss that often, but when I do I like to use Dior.  They have a high shine without smelling funny or being overly sticky.  That's a difficult combination to find in any kind of lip gloss.  I have a few colors in this range, but this one is a nice neutral color for day to day wear.

Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Blush Twist - This balm evens out my lip color so well.  This is more of a hydrating lipstick on me.  I feel like after an hour or so I need a gloss over it to make my lips feel more plump.  This is the only color I have in the range.  I bought it for a friends wedding in the fall and I've loved wearing it lots since then. 

So that's it for today.  Let me know if you like these types of posts where I do little mini reviews of the things I'm currently using.  Make sure to "like" my Facebook Page (and share it with your friends)where I will be hosting monthly giveaways.  You never know, something photographed today could be in the next one! 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment