2.24.2014

Makeup Monday: Sigma Beauty Spa Glove

I posted on my Facebook page that I was spending my Sunday afternoon cleaning my makeup brushes (because there was an epic rain delay with the Nascar race).  I asked if anyone would be interested in the tools I use to clean my brushes and a few people sent me private messages saying that they are interested.  So this ones for you, Facebook people!
 
I usually deep clean my makeup brushes about once a month.  I'm pretty sure you're supposed to do it more often than that, but that's what works for me.  I used to NEVER clean my makeup brushes!  But that was before I ever really got into makeup.  After I invested in some nicer brushes I decided I wanted to keep them clean and nice for a long time, so monthly cleaning is a good thing to do. 
 
Here are a few photos of what I did on Sunday...


The Sigma Spa Glove is the best tool I've ever come across for deep cleaning my makeup brushes.  There is a great "how-to" video on the Sigma Beauty website demonstrating how to use it.  After purchasing this glove it has cut my cleaning time in half!  For me to clean all these brushes it took me about 15 minutes - record time.  Sigma Beauty is a Minnesota based company and they have their Flagship store located at the Mall of America.  Also their makeup brushes are amazing!!!  I highly recommend them.

I use mostly synthetic brushes, so I tend to always use Johnson's Baby Shampoo as my cleaning agent.  This shampoo lathers up the brushes pretty well and gets them squeaky clean without leaving any residue.  A little goes a long way with the shampoo, so I only need to purchase a big bottle about once a year.  That's pretty good for cleaning all these makeup brushes once a month!

So how do you clean your makeup brushes?  Leave a comment below if you care to share.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment