2.23.2014

Daytona 500

Today's the day!  I can't wait to finally watch some NASCAR.  I've been waiting months to get back into the swing of things.  The race starts at 1pm today, but I especially love watching the pre-race show for the Daytona 500.  The commentators go over all the changes/teams/sponsors for the beginning of the year.  Even typing this blog, I'm getting super pumped!

I've been to the Daytona race track many times, but I've never been to the 500 race.  I have always been to the July race, which is a 400.  It's still a super fun time, but going to the Daytona 500 is definitely on my bucket list!  Hopefully in 2015 or 2016 I'll be able to make that happen :)

I am such a nerd....  I even did my nails last night in honor of my favorite driver, Dale Jr.  He drives the National Guard car.  I have been looking online to see what die cast car he was going to drive this week (he has a few different sponsors), but it looks like National Guard is the one for today.  Gooooooo JR!!!!! 



At 1pm you'll catch me affixed to my sofa wearing my JR Motorsports sweatshirt and cheering on Dale Jr.  I literally wont move from the sofa unless there is a commercial break.  I'm pretty dedicated to NASCAR. 

So do any of you like NASCAR?  Who's your favorite driver/team?  Let me know in the comments below if you care to share.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment