1.31.2014

Fashion Friday: Mix it up

Finally, no fashion haul this week.  I know, shocker, right?!  But I decided to share a photo of an outfit I wore to work this past week.  I got lots of compliments on the day I wore it.   I'm sure it had more to do with my hair than anything.  I actually curled my hair - that rarely happens, so it was a BIG deal (because, lets be honest, my hair was kinda big)

But when I take an unexpected fashion "risk", I usually get a few people that will either comment on it, or give me a compliment.  So I'll take the feedback no matter if it's good or bad.  I love to hear opinions :)


As you can see I love paring unlikely items together...  But it works, right??  Mixing it up is always fun and challenging all at the same time.

I got the fun Fox Sweater from Old Navy in the fall of 2012.  Obviously it's no longer available, but there are lots of fun "critter" style sweaters out there.  It's awesome how popular "Fox" things are becoming.  I think everyone is still curious about what the say ^..^ 

Also I added this playful black and white check gingham button-down shirt for a bit of contrast.  I purchased this from Old Navy in the spring of 2013.  I'm sure you can find lots of different versions of this shirt.  I mainly wear this shirt under sweaters and jackets, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it. 

The necklace was a J. Crew find on eBay.  I got it for super cheap on auction in 2011.  It's been my go-to statement necklace.  It always seems to go with everything.  I originally wasn't going to wear the necklace, but the overall look needed a little sparkle!

 
And I almost forgot to mention my new ring!  (okay, I guess one "haul" thing snuck in)  I got this at Forever 21 a few days ago.  I found it in store, and sadly they no longer carry them online - bummer.  But this little guy was way too cute to pass up. 
 

Obviously unlikely parings are the way to go in my book.  As long as the tones of the colors coordinate, it's all fair game.  Fashion is fun, there's no need to take it so seriously.

Do any of you have "Fashion Rules" you like to break?  Leave a comment if you care to share.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment