1.02.2014

Handbag Love: Phillip Lim 3.1 for Target - Large Tote with Gusset

Let's talk about a little handbag action...  I mean, what woman only has one handbag?!  Don't blame us, it's in our DNA, we need oodles of handbags and even more shoes.  I'll make sure to talk about some awesome shoes in tomorrows post for y'all.  Now let's get back to this glorious bag...


Photo Credit: Target


This is the amazing Phillip Lim 3.1 for Target bag.  There was an amazing array of colors and sizes to pick from in this collection, but I decided to go for the Taupe color in the Large tote size.  This bag is functional, as well as beautiful.  I will use this as an everyday bag, as well as a possible road trip bag or as my carry on for a flight.  It's big enough to fit a small laptop or iPad, as well as the usual "girly" essentials. 

The gold hardware is was sold me on the bag.  I rarely wear silver tones anymore, gold just looks better on me so it's such a great thing to find a "cool" toned bag with gold accents.  It looks so high end for such a low price!  Can't beat that, right?!  It was only $54.99 - I totally realize that this bag is made of polyurethane and not real leather, but I'm okay with that.  Maybe someday I'll have the bank roll to afford the "real leather" version.  But for now, Target is my go-to for all things.  Handbags, clothes, shoes, milk...  Hey wait - you can get EVERYTHING at Target!  I realize that my love for this store is a sickness, but I'm pretty sure that you may have the same problem - am I right???

Photo Credit: Barney's New York


The designer, Phillip Lim, also has his regular line of hand bags that are more expensive for the same look.  The Pashli Satchel bag is available at Barney's New York and retails for $895.  This bag is obviously made of premium products, like genuine leather and hand stitched, as it should be for that price tag.  It's a gorgeous bag, but I'll settle for my Target collection one any day of the week.

I am sad to say that this bag is no longer available on the Target website.  You may be able to find it in stores, but they have already started to clearance out this collection.  But if you're lucky maybe you can score a great deal on these bags, just check your local store.  You can also try eBay for people who are selling new or used bags in this collection.  I can't wait for the next Target collaboration with Peter Pilotto for Spring 2014. 

So, have any of you found super designer deals on the cheap?  Please leave a comment if you care to share.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment