1.06.2014

Manicure Monday: Mix & Match Purple

Nail polish is a slight obsession in my world, and when I say "slight" I may be fibbing a bit.  I have a wall of it...  No seriously, I'm not exaggerating - I have racks on my wall of nail polish, people! My guest bedroom looks like a nail salon.  So if you ever come to visit we can do our nails, you'll find the perfect color - trust me.

But, I've been slowly giving some polishes away over the past six months.  And I'm sure my cousins have been enjoying their "beauty boxes" that randomly show up at their front door with lots of goodies inside.  I realized that I had so many similar colors, and I wanted to pair down and keep the ones I would actually use. 

Keeping in that spirit, I wanted to use 2 polishes I've had in my collection for some time, but never found the time to try.  It's a new year, so it's time to try new things - including fun nail colors!

China Glaze - Flying Dragon & Butter London - Lovely Jubbly


The purple polish is from China Glaze in "Flying Dragon".  It's a beautiful "neon" cream polish with blue and pink micro glitter suspended in the purple base.  Neon polishes tend to dry mat, but if you put a top coat on they will have a medium gloss shine.  I personally don't like to the look of mat polishes, so I always use a top coat no matter what.  This must have been a limited edition polish because I can only find it on Amazon now.

The glitter polish is from Butter London in "Lovely Jubbly".  There are purple, blue, pink, and gold glitter particles in a clear base.  You can pick up this polish at Sephora online, not all stores carry this line so call ahead if you're making a special trip.

I thought this would be a fun combination to try out for January.  Do you like this combination?  Do you ever use two colors on that same hand?  Let me know in the comments if you care to share.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment