1.08.2014

Tis the Season for a little DRY SKIN...

It's that time of year again...  Bone chilling cold, nasty winds, and UBER-DRY skin.  I know the entire country is feeling those wicked weather and that nasty bitter cold of the past few days.  That means icky dry skin ahead for everyone, no fun.  Yuck!

Just a little back round - I no longer have a fenced in yard, so I walk my dog at least three times per day, so that means lots of time in the element" of windy Fargo, North Dakota.  And my skin takes the toll for all the brutal winds that Fargo dishes out for me, day after day.  I normally have very oily skin year round, but some areas on my face turn almost "flaky" during these sub zero temps.  Anyone else have this happen to them?

One of the ways I combat the scaly skin is a good humidifier.  I got mine at Target and it works wonders for winter skin.  I keep this one in my bedroom and it stays on all night.  After I slater an obscene amount of lotion on, it helps lock in the moisture all night and into the next day.  I can also notice a huge difference when I wake up in the morning after a night of accidently forgetting to turn it on before bed - whoopsie!  Seems to help my nose if I'm feeling a little stuffy from all the outdoor activities with my poochy.

Photo credit: Target



 
So, do any of you have amazing fix for winter-weather dry skin?  Leave a comment if you care to share.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment