1.27.2014

Makeup Monday: Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation

Hello fellow makeup enthusiasts, and welcome to another installment of Makeup Monday.  I was recently asked by a female client at my office what foundation I was wearing...  I thought it was an odd question coming from someone I had just met.  But then we started talking about our skin types and what works for me, and what may work for her.  She actually wrote down most of the products I was telling her about.  Dang, Sephora should pay me a commission on that sale!  haha 

A little skin history on me.  I have SUPER oily skin, seriously, it looks like I have a "wet face" in the summer if I don't reapply powder during the day.  It's just nasty!  But in the winter I get small dry patches around my nose.  The dry patches probably have something to do with walking the dog for extended periods of time in -40 wind chill conditions.  Any who...  So that's basically what my skin is like.  So powder is my best friend to set all my makeup after I apply my liquid foundation.

So, this client and I got to talking about the new-er foundation brand I was wearing  - she didn't know that Marc Jacobs had released a line of makeup in Sephora.  I had recently picked up the new Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation (I use #14 Ivory Medium).  I had seen a few YouTube beauty gurus talk about how light weight the formula of the foundation was, and it left your skin slightly glowing.  I thought for sure with my oily skin that there was no way I could pull this off...  But one of the female bloggers I follow said that it worked for her very oily skin, so I decided to test it out for myself. 


Photo Credit: Sephora


The bottle retails for $48.00 and I just finished my 1st bottle.  Mind you, I made my purchase in July and I wear makeup everyday.  So this has lasted me a LONG time.  It blends beautifully with my skin tone, no matter if I've gotten a little color from the sun, or now when I'm a little paler.  It just makes my skin look even and flawless with very minimal product.  I always buff this product in with an angled tapered kabuki brush to make sure there are no harsh lines on my face. 

This is now my GO-TO foundation.  If I want more coverage I mix this foundation with a "matte" foundation that I typically wear for special occasions or a night out on the town.  I highly recommend this type of foundation to people of all skin types.  It feels like you're not even wearing a foundation and makes your skin look radiant. 

What are your favorite foundations?  Please leave a comment if you care to share. 

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm partial to Clinique Even Better with SPF 15. I honestly feel that over time my skin tone has evened out (I had some red "ghosts of pimples past") and the texture has smoothed--to the point that I often go out without any makeup on at all. You should give it a try.

    Also, nice blog, Emily. It looks very organized and polished. Keep up the good work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi - Great advice! I should try that foundation out at some point. I'll look into that one. I wonder if Fargo has a Clinique counter....

      Thanks for the kind words - lots of fun organization posts coming up soon. It's SPRING, so it's time to organize.

      Delete