1.30.2014

New Year's Resolutions: 2014 Edition

So I know it's a little late for New Year's Resolutions, but I figured it was still January so I though I'd give it a go.  I've been thinking over the past month about the change I'd like to see in myself this next year...  I thought writing it down and sharing with you all would make me more accountable for some of these.  Some of these resolutions are pretty personal and some are just fun.  Just a warning, here comes the "over-share", because there's not nearly enough personal information on the internet.  Am I right?!?!  <- insert sarcasm here



Okay, on to the resolutions...

Start a BLOG
Well, if you reading this you know I've done that.  I want to try and post something each day.  For more on me and why I'm doing a blog click here to see my first blog entry.  Also feel free to follow me on Facebook - I host fun giveaways once and a while.

Work out 2-3 times per week
This one's been going pretty well so far.  I've been sticking to my routine and hitting the gym.  I like doing classes because I know when to show up and when to stop.  If I am standing around gym equipment for too long I just get frustrated and leave because I don't know how to properly use any of the machines.  So classes are my thang!

Be more aware of finances
This resolution is just more about keeping myself in check.  I noticed in the fall of last year that I was purchasing things unnecessarily.  I am always attracted to the same types of items, so when I come home from a shopping trip I usually end up regretting the purchase because I already own a similar item.  It's always good to ask yourself if you NEED it or WANT it..

Spend more time with Doyle
Doyle is my funny little dog.  He likes to be super lazy, so I pester him a lot.  I just need to make sure that we are getting in some play time at least once a day.  If you'd like to read more on him, you can read his blog here or follow him on Facebook here.  There are always cute photos of him popping up!

Go to bed on time
I stay up late....  like, really late.  I work a normal 9-5 job and still manage to stay up way past 1am some nights.  Lately I've been having to give myself a bedtime.  I know it's a bit juvenile, but I feel so much better the next day when I'm well rested.  So I've decided that my new bed time is 11pm.  11pm means that I have to start getting ready for bed by that time, no exceptions!  I haven't been following that rule each night, but I'm getting better.  Side note:  Also sleeping the middle of the bed helps me not toss and turn as much...  I have no idea why, but I've always slept on one side of the bed even though I'm single.  I guess I'm just more content in the middle.

Work on my Communication
Let's face it, we can ALL work on our communication skills.  I get extremely frustrated very easily about miscommunication.  It's baffling to me that the first thing we learn to do as humans is COMMUNICATE, but the one thing that each of us struggles with, is the thing we've been doing the longest.  Just mind blowing to me.  Ugh!  I could rant on this subject for days.  But that would be poor communication, so I'm going to stop now.

So I think that my "over share" is done for the day.  I hope you enjoyed reading some of my New Year's Resolutions.  Please post a resolution of your own in the comments, if you care to share.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment