1.28.2014

Best Hair Ties EVER!

About three years ago I went to a professional hair salon to get my hair cut and colored.  While I was having my consultation my stylist was asking about all the massive breakage that she was seeing.  I had a broken strand "halo" around my entire head.  Imagine the KINK you get when you take your ponytail down...  Yep, it looked just like that.  But only full of broken hair stands.  My hair was a hot mess!

The reason I had so many broken strands was that I was putting my hair up in a bun almost everyday and the hair was breaking off little by little from the hair bands I was using.  At the consultation my stylist suggested fabric hair bands.  I had never seen such a thing...  She didn't have any at her salon, but gave me the Emi Jay name to look up online. 
 
Photo credit: Emi Jay
 
 
So I ordered one package to see how I'd like them, and my love just blossomed from there.  After the first month I noticed a HUGE difference in my hair.  Don't get me wrong, all those broken strands had to grow out, but it looked so much better.  Ever since that day in the salon I have never worn a standard hair band.  I will ALWAYS wear one of these fabric bands.  They are so much better for your hair and they have so many varities or colors and prints.  I sometimes coordinate my hair band with my outfit...  I know, I'm one of those people.  And it secretly makes me feel like I'm in high school again.  Gettin' all matchy-matchy!

Do any of you have great tips or tricks for wearing your hair up?  Let me know in the comments if you care to share.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment