1.16.2014

Gift Wrapping 101 - No Seams

Yesterday was my brothers birthday, so I decided to share with you all how a wrap a seamless gift.  This recycled box had his gift inside and I took a few photos of my process.  If any of you out there have  ever received a gift from me in the past, you know that I am crazy about gift wrapping.  Everything needs to be perfect and matching - that's the OCD in me... 

Here are all the supplies I used...

Gift Wrap - Money Business Wrap from The Container Store
Red Grosgrain Ribbon - Michael's Arts & Crafts
Scotch Tape
Kitchen Scissors
Gift Box - I recycled an old shoe box

 
So now we are on to the fun part, making the box look seamless.  I like to take my wrapping paper and fold it under the last corner.  So it essentially looks seamless.  I also attach a piece of tape to the center (my ribbon with conceal that eye-sore later).  If you wanted to be a super-pro gift wrapper you could always use double stick tape and have NO tape showing.  Unfortunately I was out of that tape when I wrapped up this bad boy.  Oh well...
 
Here's a closer look at what the hidden seam looks like.
 
 
And here's the finished product!  As you can see my ribbon covers where I put my exterior tape so it looks uber fancy.
 
 
Hope you all enjoyed my little gift wrapping post.  Do you have any special tips or tricks for the perfect wrapped gift?  If so, leave a comment if you care to share. 
 
Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment