1.26.2014

Cleaning out your Closet: Clothes Mentor

Let's talk about cleaning out your closet...  And not in a bad "skeleton" kind of way.  Just a little background on my clothing habits - I tend to clean out my closet about once a quarter.  I make sure to look at each item and make sure I still like & wear it in my current rotation.  I do this for ALL things, including shoes, handbags, accessories, and of course clothing.  I know it sounds kind of tedious, but it works for me. 

I used to take everything to Goodwill until I found my local Clothes Mentor.  They give you cash for all your gently used name brand clothing (they even accept Target brand items).  My local shop in Fargo, ND takes most clothing items as well as jewelry, shoes and handbags.  You can score some awesome deals at places like this in your area, especially high end designer labels.  I've actually found a beautiful blazer and a sequined top on one of my previous selling trips.  I have to browse the racks to see if I NEED anything... 

So my general rule is; take all items to Clothes Mentor first and get some cash for my unloved items.  Then if there is anything they didn't take, I will drive over to Goodwill and donate them.  I don't like lots of "Clothes Clutter" and it drives me nuts to hang on to things I no longer have a purpose for. 



I am planning on doing a closet tour and overhaul soon.  I just got some new and improved hangers...  (squeal with excitement!)  I'm pretty pumped to start this project!  So I will take some photos and post a separate blog on that.  Make sure to stay tuned for that series.  I'm pretty sure I'll have to break it up into sections.  I have lots to say about closet organization.

So do any of you have a great local place to sell your gently used clothing?  Please post a comment if you care to share.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I sell a lot on eBay...its surprising how much people will pay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another great idea, Jennifer! Thank's for sharing :)

      Delete